The international trade fair of the semiconductor industry provides an overview of trends, products, developments and technologies. The fair serves as an information and communication platform for research and development as well as manufacturing and trade at which value chains from draft to construction will be presented with a focus on application.
Our partner SENTECH Instruments GmbH will be on-site as an exhibitor (booth 1815).
The workshop is dedicated to the discussion on growth and physics of UV materials like AlN, BN, Ga2O3 as well as on UV devices related to these. Experts of science and industry will present their results as part of speeches and poster sessions.
Our partners Technische Universität Berlin (TUB), UVphotonics NT GmbH and Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) will present the following speeches on-site:
Session: Growth I - AlN & AlGaN (10.12.2018)
- S. Walde, S. Hagedorn, M. Weyers: "AIN/sapphire templates for UV LEDs: Different approaches and their impact on device performance" (FBH, invited speech)
Session: UV LED I (11.12.2018)
- S. Einfeldt, J. Glaab, J. Ruschel, M. Weyers, M. Kneissl: "The reliability of UVB and UVC LEDs: Current status and prospects" (FBH, UVphotonics, TUB, invited speech)
Session: UV LED II (11.12.2018)
- C. Kuhn, L. Sulmoni, M. Guttmann, J. Glaab, T. Wernicke, M. Weyers, M. Kneissl: "MOVPE grown AIGaN-based tunnel junctions enabling fully transparent UVC LEDs" (TUB, FBH)
The SPS IPC Drives is an international trade fair within the automation industry. The fair focuses on the topic Industry 4.0. Hence, an overview of products, solutions, trends and knowledge regarding smart and digital automation is offered.
Our partner Emerson Process Management GmbH & Co. OHG will be on-site at booth 451 in hall 4A.
This international symposium addresses experts in science and industry. It focuses on the culturability of plant microbiome in order to improve the agricultural productivity. For this purpose the symposium is especially dedicated to plant-microbe interactions.
Our partner Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops Großbeeren/Erfurt e.V. will be on-site with several keynote speeches and is involved in the symposium's organisation.
This year's SEMICON Europa is dedicated to topics and challenges within the European microelectronics industries referring to semiconductors, LEDs, MEMS and printed/organic/flexible electronics. Information will be shared via speeches and as part of an exhibition.
Our partners micro resist technology GmbH (booth A4564) and SENTECH Instruments GmbH (booth A401) will be on-site to exhibit and present their products. Furthermore, our partner Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik will be on-site at the booth of Research Fab Microelectronics Germany (booth A4504).
The international trade fair is dedicated to components, systems and applications in electronics that can make new developments possible. The focus of the trade fair is on PCBs, semiconductors, sensors, connectors and displays.
Our following partners will be on-site to present their products:
- CiS Forschungsinstitut für Mikrosensorik GmbH (hall B3, booth 421)
- eesy-ic GmbH (hall C5, booth 125/2)
- micro resist technology GmbH (mrt) (hall A4, booth 564)
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH (hall B4, booth 155)
- SCHOTT AG (hall B4, booth 246)
- SENTECH Instruments GmbH (hall A4, booth 01)
Yet again the international trade fair COMPAMED for suppliers and manufacturers of medical technologies takes place from 12th to 15th November 2018.
Our partners Asclepion Laser Technologies GmbH (hall 10, booth A60) and CiS - Forschungsinstitut für Mikrosensorik GmbH (hall 08A, booth H23) will be on-site to exhibit their products.
The international workshop is dedicated to the science and technics of III-nitride materials and semiconductor technologies. The contributions here refer to the physics and chemistry of III-nitride materials as well as to challenges and improvements within the technology of III-nitride-based optical and electronic semiconductor devices.
Michael Kneissl of our partner Technische Universität Berlin will deliver a plenary speech on the topic "Exploring the Wavelength Limits of AlGaN-Based Deep UV LEDs". Matthias Bickermann of Leibniz Institute for Crystal Growth will be on site as an invited speaker "On the preparation of AlN single crystals and substrates for AlGaN devices".
Furthermore, works with participation of our partners Technische Universität Berlin (TUB), Leibniz Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ), CiS Forschungsinstitut für Mikrosensorik GmbH, UVphotonics NT GmbH as well as Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) will be presented in the course of oral presentations and poster sessions. Besides, our partner LayTec AG will be on-site with a booth.
Session: Nanostructures I (12.11.2018)
- P.-M. Coulon, B. Damilano, B. Alloing, S. Walde, J. Enslin, P. Chausse, S. Vezian, S. Hagedorn, T. Wernicke, J. Massies, M. Weyers, M. Kneissel, P. A. Shields: "Displacement Talbot Lithography for nano-engineer III-nitride materials" (FBH, TUB)
Session: Defect Characterization II (13.11.2018)
- L. Cancellara, S. Hagedorn, S. Walde, D. Jaeger, I. Gamov, T. Markurt, M. Weyers, K. Irmscher, M. Albrecht: "Physical model for the microstructural evolution in epitaxial AIN on sapphire upon high-temperature annealing" (IKZ, FBH)
Session: Photodetectors (13.11.2018)
- M. Brendel, S. Hagedorn, F. Brunner, M. Reiner, U. Zeimer, M. Weyers: "Degradation of AIGaN-based metal-semiconductor-metal photodetectors" (FBH)
Poster Session 2 (13.11.2018)
- A. Ghazaryan, M. Guttmann, T. Wernicke, N. Lobo-Ploch, T. Kolbe, K. Hilbrich, D. Mitrenga, I. Käpplinger, S. Einfeldt, M. Kneissl: "UVB LED with narrow emission angle using advanced silicon-based reflector package and Fresnel lens" (TUB, FBH, CiS)
Session: AlN I (14.11.2018)
- S. Walde, S. Hagedorn, A. Knauer, T. Kolbe, N. Susilo, T. Wernicke, M. Kneissl, M. Weyers: "Impact of intermediate high temperature annealing on the properties of MOVPE grown AIN/sapphire templates" (FBH, TUB)
Session: Defect Characterization III (14.11.2018)
- G. Kusch, E. Pascal, P.-M. Coulon, F. Mehnke, P. Chausse, S. Walde, G. Naresh-Kumar, T. Wernicke, S. Hagedorn, M. Kneissl, P. A. Shields, C. Trager-Cowan, R. W. Martin: "Analysing extended defects in AlN and AlGaN quantum well structures grown on patterned sapphire substrates" (FBH, TUB)
Session: DUV LED I (15.11.2018)
- J. Ruschel, J. Glaab, B. Beidoun, J. Rass, A. Knauer, T. Kolbe, N. Lobo Ploch, M. Weyers, S. Einfeldt, M. Kneissl: "Impact of temperature and current density on the degradation behavior of UVB LEDs" (FBH, TUB)
- L. P. Selvaraj, U. t. Schwarz, J. Glaab, J. Ruschel, J. Rass, S. Einfeldt, F. Mehnke, J. Enslin, T. Wernicke, M. Kneissl: "Spectrally and spatially resolved Micro-Electroluminescence investigation of degradation effects in UVB LEDs" (FBH, TUB)
Session: DUV LED II (16.11.2018)
- A.Knauer, T. Kolbe, J. Rass, H. K. Cho, S. Hagedorn, S. Walde, N. Lobo Ploch, J. Glaab, J. Ruschel, S. Einfeldt, M. Weyers: "High power UVB light emitting diodes with optimized n-contact layers" (FBH, UVphotonics)
The two-day workshop at the European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) furnishes an overview of the current state of wide bandgap semiconductor and component technology within Europe and offers the possibility to exchange information.
Our partners UVphotonics NT GmbH and Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) will be on site with a contribution.
At this year's international congress of the International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC) scientists will present and discuss their findings. The congress focuses on scientific and technical issues within cosmetic science.
Our partner Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin will be on site with a talk on "Electron Spin Resonance Spectroscopy to Evaluate Oxidative Stress and Drug Delivery". Furthermore, Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH will present a poster about "Non-invasive sun protection factor determination using one UVB LED and reflectance spectroscopy in vitro and first in vivo investigations" and their products at booth E34.
From September 17th to 21th 2018, this year‘s summer school takes place in Berlin and Frankfurt/Oder dealing with photonic integration. Academic institutes as well as companies present their portfolio and knowledge on photonic integration. Photonic (Light) plays an important role in daily life and future technologies. It is, for example used in high-speed telecommunication, sensor systems, test- and measurement systems and lighting. Our partner Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) will be on site.
The 27th international European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress is dedicated to new technological developments within dermatology. Knowledge and products will be presented in lectures, workshops, educational forums and at an exhibition.
Our Partner Asclepion Laser Technologies GmbH will be on site at the exhibition at booth 305.
The International Symposium on Growth of III-Nitrides (ISGN-7) will be focused on the recent progress and future directions in the field of bulk crystallization, thin film growth and fabrication of nanostructures of III-nitrides. These aspects will be discussed in the context of applications in optoelectronic as well as in high power electronic devices. Our partners Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) and Technische Universität Berlin will be on site.
The three-day International Conference on Atomic Layer Deposition is dedicated to the science and technology of atomic layer controlled deposition of thin films and topics regarding atomic layer etching.
Our partner SENTECH Instruments GmbH will be on site at table 45 to present new applications.
At the 19th International Conference on Metal Organic Vapor Phase Epitaxy the latest advances in science, technology and applications of MOVPE and related growth techniques will be presented.
Our partner Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) presents the lecture „Stabilization of AlN/sapphire templates during high temperature annealing“ on 04th June in session 4B-1.5. And the Technische Universität will be on site on 07th June, in Poster Session 2, P2-25 with the poster „AlGaN-based deep UV LEDs grown on sputtered and high temperature annealed AlN/sapphire“.
Further LayTec AG invites its customers to 22nd In-situ Seminar organized in conjunction with ICMOVPE XVIII. At this meeting latest measurement results, experiences and practical advices on how to use in-situ systems to the maximum of their capability will be presented.
Suppliers‘ Day 2018 attracts thousands of the leading players in the market and has become the showcase for the latest innovations, on top of being an excellent networking opportunity. As the capital of the global health, beauty and fashion industry sectors, New York City was the inevitable and welcome choice for the 2018 event. Our partner Courage + Khazaka Electronic GmbH will exhibit at booth 1466.
IFAT is a trade fair for water, sewage, waste and raw materials management. It is used as international industry meeting and innovation platform. Our partner the PURION GmbH will be on site at hall B2.240.
The LIGHTFAIR International 2018 is the transformative power of innovation and imagination converge in a global presentation of light and technology. Themes are new discoveries, new connectivity, new knowledge and new solutions propel lighting design quickly into the future. Our partner OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH will be on site.
During the world congress International Society for Biophysics and Imaging of the Skin (ISBS) the latest informations of non invasive measurement techniques and skin bioengineering techniques will be transferred to experts from Europe and the world. Our partner Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH will be represented with the poster "NonInvasive LED-Based Measurement of the Sun Protection Factor".
At the International Conference on UV LED Technologies and Applications everything revolves around UV LEDs. Experts from science and industry showcase areas of applications, trends and the latest developments of UV LEDs.
At the Gallium Nitride Marathon speakers will discuss the latest advancements in gallium nitride technology for microwave, mm-wave, 5G communications, power conversion, and optoelectronics (LEDs and lasers). Our partners Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) and Technische Universität Berlin will be on site.
The in-cosmetics is an exhibition exclusively dedicated to personal care ingredients. It brings together over 200 exhibitors of ingredients, fragrances, lab equipment, testing and regulatory solutions with over 3,000 cosmetic manufacturers. Our partner Courage + Khazaka Electronic GmbH will exhibit at booth L139.
The 8th Compound Semiconductor International Conference provides lectures and discussions which collectively provided complete coverage of the compound semiconductor industry. The themes are „GaN power electronics“, „integration of compound semiconductor and silicon technologies“ and „chip-scale LEDs“. Our partner LayTec AG is a sponsor of the conference and will also be represented with a booth.
At the Spring Meeting (Frühjahrstagung) in Bochum organised by Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft, the Condensed Matter Section (SKM) and its divisions and working groups will present and discuss current research. Our partners Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH) and Technische Universität Berlin will be on site with the contribution „AIGaN-based deep UV LEDs grown on sputtered and high temperature annealed AIN / sapphire“.
The conference will represent a wide variety of topics connected with crystal growth and epitaxy and aims to facilitate the cooperation between Austrian and German researchers as well as between academia and industry. Topics of the conference are Silicon and Germanium, Compound semiconductor materials, Oxides, novel materials and Nanostructures. The program will include invited and contributed oral and poster presentations, an industrial exhibition, and an open forum discussion allowing a fruitful exchange between industrial and scientific participants. The working language of the conference will be English. Our partner Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik will be on site.
Photonics West is the world's largest annual event for the photonics, laser, and biomedical optics industries. Our partners Advanced UV for Life represented by Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH), CiS Forschungsinstitut für Mikrosensorik GmbH and micro resist technology GmbH are presenting research results in German Pavilion: Booth No. 4529. The following conference contributions are represented:
Session: LED III
- From heterostructure design to package: development of efficient and reliable UVB LEDs (Invited Paper)
- Electrical p-contacts for UV-LEDs: contact resistivity, reflectivity, and aging performance
UV/DUV LEDs and Applications I
- Challenges and prospects for AlGaN-based deep UV LED technologies (Invited Paper)
- Deep-UV LEDs emitting at 232 nm featuring low contact resistance V-based electrodes on n-Al0.9Ga0.1N
UV/DUV LEDs and Applications II
- Control of surface morphology and defects in AlGaN-layers for highefficient deep-UV LEDs (Invited Paper)
- Demands on high-power LED packaging for UVB and UVC emitters
- Impact of defect- generation and diffusion in deep - UV (In)AlGaN-based LEDs submitted to constant current stress
Novel Technologies for LED Design and Fabrication II
- Thermocompression bonding for high-power-UV LEDs
LED Manufacturing and Novel Substrates for LED Epistructure Growth
- In-situ and ex-situ metrology solutions for production of LEDs, micro LEDs, and VCSELs (Invited Paper)
The International Green Week Berlin, is a big trade fair for food, agriculture and gardening. Our partner the Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops Großbeeren/Erfurt e.V. will be on site in hall 23a.